Viasion Technology is committed to sustainable development and improving the environmental
wellbeing of the borough in sustainable ways through the services that we provide and by reducing the adverse effects of our own actions.
We recognize that climate change is critical to all our futures and will ensure that Viasion plays its part in reducing its emissions of greenhouse gases, ensuring its services adapt effectively to changes in the climate and plan effectively for dealing with severe weather events. We recognize that we can enhance the quality of the environment through our use of resources, particularly natural resources, and develop in ways that allows us to live today but also maintains a high quality of life for future generations.
We commits us to improving the quality of life, becoming an exemplar for environmentally sustainable activity and making sustainability central to everything through initiatives such as implementing the Climate Change Strategy, the Carbon Management Strategy and Implementation Plan and the Energy Statement and Strategy.
To improve the environment we will:
- Enforce and comply with all relevant legislation and other obligations such as RoHS and Reach;
- Raise awareness of, and provide information on, issues affecting the environment;
- Work with partners to promote the sustainable development agenda;
- Improve resource use and waste management by encouraging waste minimisation, re-use, recycling, composting, and other recovery techniques;
- Prevent, control, and reduce the release of pollutants to the environment.